Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cheek to cheek...

Hello all--from the sunny state of Arizona! I don't know who designed the Cabbage Patch dolls, but REALLY????
I just thought I would take a moment to update you all on our "exciting" lives here in AZ...not alot going except beautiful weather and the intoxicating smell of orange blossoms :) It is heavenly!!
Tessa is a busy body--in to everything...except her own toys of course! She loves to play outside and always wants to go to the park. She has officially learned my least favorite word of all time "swinging?"--and just recently learned to say "Zip it!"....thanks to me. Lots of "TUDE"--but we were expecting at least a little. She's hilarious!
Christopher is our rock star! He loves to rock out--playing Rock Band with Kelly and the others. He's quite the little dancer--and LOVES to run, jump, and tackle. He's learning about reverence--hmmmmmmm....and can't wait for the water in the pool to be warm enough for a dip!
Carter is doing really well in school--just has a problem with talking too much--surprise, surprise! He is also enjoying playing flag football--and the coach just put him in as the starting quarterback for every game. He's doing really well and LOVES it--of course, it's time spent with dad and his best buddies. He's getting tall and growing up way too fast!
Kenna is all about sparkles, jewelry, and karaoke! She is in a gymnastics class right now and really loves it. She has finally mastered her splits and is working on her bridge and back walk-over (what?). She cracks me up with her fun fashion sense--which is basically that anything goes. She can't wait to come for Kousin's Kamp and talks about it all the time!
Kelly is keeping up with all that's going on! He's enjoying school, loves serving with our Bishop, and is plowing through things at work. He tries to be at Carter's football practice, wrestle with Chris, listen to Kenna's stories, and tickle Tess--and has no choice but to listen to me yak--because I do it whether he's listening or not :).
And I am doing GREAT! I just ran a 4.6 mile "mom's race" this morning and ran the entire distance in 50 minutes...a huge accomplishment for me--it's the farthest I've ever run and my mile was just over 10 minutes. I can't believe I did it--but there are pictures to prove it! Girl's Camp is coming along really well. It is interesting to watch the Lord's hand in the planning and preparation. I work with a neat group of women. I am also working of the US Census right now and it's been quite the learning experience and I have definitely come away with a greater appreciation for my life and how blessed I am.
I do have one goal though--I am going to try to be better at staying in touch with all of you! I am not so good at it--and have no great excuses! If I can worry about getting my visiting teaching done each month, surely I can make time to see how you all are doing--after all--family counts most...right!? I love you all and can't wait to hear how you are doing!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update on your kids, Kris. I'm so excited you guys are coming in July. I'm glad the census is going well. I'll bet it's been fun to have a chance to use your spanish again. It was fun to chat the other day. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete