Wednesday, February 3, 2010

We miss you all...

So long time no write...sorry! It seems like my calendar was blank on January 1st and by January 2nd, I was booked through June. Scarey how quickly we commit ourselves...
Things are going well here! I was actually hot while waiting for my kids after school today. Is that crazy or what? We are enjoying some truly wonderful weather here this week and I can't wait for the pool to start heating up! We probably will start swimming in April--that doesn't seem too far from now.
Kelly is staying busy with work, school, and church stuff. We get to see him on Mondays--but it's all good. I can tell he is enjoying working with the people in our ward--and he's doing well in school which makes it easier for him to stay motivated!
Mackenna just started up gymnastics at a local gym. We've not put her in sports much (tried soccer--it was a disaster), but she really wanted to try this so we thought we'd give her the opportunity. So far she really likes it--and is determined to learn how to do the splits--hopefully genetics don't get in her way--I've never been flexible :)
Carter is gearing up to start another season of flag football. He seems to enjoy running mostly--whether he has the ball or not. It's something that he and Kelly have fun doing together. He's really into reading right now and has a love/hate relationship with mystery books--it can't be too scarey!
Christopher is writing his name now--and tormenting Tessa as much as he possibly can! He's a good boy and much too strong for his own good. He and I have fun together during the day while the kids are at school. It doesn't take too much to convince me to make him a treat!
And Tessa--she's growing up too fast! I gave her a drink of soda last night and she sips and says, "Yum, that tastes good"--Kelly and I just looked at each other--where does this gift of gab come from? (As if we don't know--wink, wink) She is hilarious and is quite the little mother to her dolls--it cracks me up to watch her wrap her dolly and say, "night, night" and give it kisses. It's so sweet...of course, then Chris yanks it away and slams its head to the floor...what would life be like without her older brother?
And I am keeping busy with camp planning (I know you are all still laughing about my calling), school for the kids, reading, and laundry. I just finished reading "The Hunger Games", "The Uglies", and "The Lightning Theif", and just started "The Anatomy of Peace"--I'm waiting for the next 3 books in all of those trilogies--I have been LOVING reading lately--and I highly recommend "The Anatomy of Peace"--it's all about resolving conflict--it's a great story that teaches how to deal with conflict, etc. It's by the same group that wrote, "The Bonds that Make Us Free"--anyways, it is short--so if you're looking for a quickie--I recommend it! Anyways--we miss you all and wish we could see you--well, we wish that you could come here since it is still cold there! Really I think we'd take whatever we can get! We hope all is well with you and please know that we LOVE you!

No comments:

Post a Comment