Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A New Year...

I can't believe it is already a new year--and what seemed like might be a slow month has suddenly filled up with meetings and homework and all sorts of business. I would like to be able
to say that I have set some fabulous new year resolutions--but I haven't had time to even think about that yet. Now that I am actually sitting--I think that my resolution will be to start each new day with a resolution for the day. Resolutions for the whole year never seem to work well for me--except for one--can I say that I am a better person at the end of this year than I was last year....
I hope the answer for 2009 is yes--it seems to me that each person added to the family and each new calling--every child that grows older--all of these things offer opportunities to stretch and grow (and you all know how flexible I am) (stop laughing)...but I feel like I'm trying harder now than I did before to be better--as a wife, as a mom, and for whatever I'm needed to be...
I just have to check myself and make sure that I'm doing what I'm doing for the right reasons--with the right motivation in mind.
I just recently finished a book called "The Shack" and it has really made me stop and think about my relationship with God. It's a good book--but be prepared--God is introduced as a big African American woman...it was hard for me to push past that...but I decided I had to be fair to the friend that recommended this book to me and finish it. I'm glad I did. I think I have been limiting myself in my relationship with God and this year I would like to really focus on having a closer--more real--relationship with Him. You know, reading my scriptures because I want to--rather than checking it off the "to do" list, that sort of thing--and yes, as hard as it will be for me--it means seeing others as He sees them and giving them the benefit of the doubt. Good luck, right? It'll be tough--but worth it! And to reference the picture so you don't think I'm too random--Kelly and I are on the "eating healthy" bandwagon again! And you'd be proud of me--I made chocolate chip peanut butter cookies today and haven't snitched a bit (the day isn't over yet...)
All in all, I am excited for what this year may bring--Dad always says, "Without change, progress is impossible"--and I believe that to be true...so good luck to you all with your resolutions!! I'm rooting for you!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your thoughts, Kris. Resolutions have always been hard for me too, but so far I'm doing pretty well. I guess I'm doing well thanks to good old Jillian. That 20 minute shred is awesome! I'm so stinkin' sore! Thanks again for letting us come hang out. Hyrum and I had a great time. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete