Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bah-Humbug....or not....

I am happy to hear that Hyrum is doing well and is hopefully heading home soon! I was at the grocery store the other day and couldn't believe that we hadn't even celebrated Halloween yet and they had already pushed the costumes and masks to the side and moved Christmas stuff front and center. I'll be honest--I think living in Arizona has something to do with it--but I am feeling a little like Scrooge this year. Christmas in Arizona doesn't feel like Christmas to me....it's probably a weather/palm tree thing. Anyways, ever since that trip to the grocery store (and yes, Darin...it was Frys)--I just haven't wanted to deal with Christmas...specifically Tessa and a Christmas tree. I've been thinking alot about it since then and have been trying to find a way to draw closer to Christ and focus more on the reason we celebrate. Do any of you remember a few years ago when we read Moroni chapter 7 every day for a month and then wrote our thoughts, feelings, and experiences in a little journal? I was wondering if any of you would like to join me on this for the month of December....now you may be thinking--it's December and I'm already busy and don't have room in my schedule for something like this....let's make room for something like this. Maybe you have something else you are trying--but I know that this year I need help feeling the true Spirit of Christmas--so...let me know if you are in and we can encourage each other! Just think of how awesome it would be if we all tried to be more charitable (that's certainly not my strong point)....we could do more "merrying" instead of "ho ho ho-ing"--get it? Anyways--love you all--hope you are enjoying the beautiful fall weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment