Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thoughts from Dad

It has been an amazing experience for me to study the November Ensign and take notes on the talks of the apostles and prophets. I want to share an idea with you. As you know the Branch President has to pick the topics for the 4th Sunday, "Teaching for Our Times", for the year and I always use talks from the conference talks of the previous General Conference. Well this year as I was studying the talks, I decided to take just a "one-liner" from each of the talks of the apostles and members of the First Presidency. By that I mean, just one thought from each of their talks and write them all down on a paper that I keep by my bed and read each day. This helps me stay focused on what the current church leaders are telling us today. Maybe this would work for you.

Don't forget just 10 days until Christmas. I hope this note finds you all happy, healthy and still with your sanity. We had my dad's Christmas party last Sunday evening and it really has changed since the grandkids became adults. It is much more boring and the caroling lacks....It is hard to see my dad getting so old, but then he is pushing 87. Well, in the spirit of Elder Bednar's talk may I just say that I love you all and am so happy that I was picked to be your dad.
I pray for each of you each day and think of you often.
Love,
Dad

1 comment:

  1. What a good idea! I like it a lot. We're getting way excited to come to Idaho next week! Love ya Dad!

    ReplyDelete